Position: Project Engineer (Construction, Marine)
Position Summary: Provide support to Project Manager and Superintendent
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide information to the Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Monitor and assist in planning construction activities.
- Liaison with the design engineer and client representative.
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications.
- Assist the Superintendent and Project Manager in managing and coordinating subcontractors and inspectors.
- Assist the Superintendent in field lay-out.
- Manage the RFI and submittal process.
- Participate in the preparation of in-house AutoCAD drawings.
- Develop costs for project change orders; track through the approval process.
- Assist Estimating in bidding projects as needed.
- Review and confirm billings. Review subcontractor invoices. Maintain project cost reports. Confirm all charges are to the appropriate project and cost codes. Review all project cost reports for accuracy.
- Ability to self-manage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word. AutoCAD, Primavera and Sage Timberline a plus.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Work will require frequent visits to the project and will include exposure to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
- Employee must be able to wear the personal protective equipment (PPE) required of various construction work environments (hard hats, personal floatation devices, safety glasses, gloves, safety-toed shoes, etc.). The employee is required to stand, walk, use stairs, ladders, and step stools and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to navigate stairs, ladders and gangways; board, work on and disembark floating vessels and structures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or Construction Management
- Minimum five years progressive project experience in heavy civil environments
- Marine construction experience is preferred
- Current TWIC card or meets TWIC qualifications
CS Marine Constructors offers best-in-class benefits, including:
- Very competitive pay
- Health and dental care insurance programs
- Personal development opportunities
- Profit sharing
- Excellent growth opportunities