Construction Superintendent (Marine)
Position: Construction Superintendent (Marine)
Position Summary: The Superintendent is a field management position responsible for project execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor safety at the project level. Ensure compliance with industry safety standards and client specific safety requirements.
- Develop and implement operational work plans as part of the project team.
- Supervise and develop craft personnel and crews into well-led teams
- Schedule and manage crews, equipment, and subcontractors
- Interface with local craft unions
- Manage project quality control
- Manage material needs for the project
- Client relations
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in Marine Construction, Heavy Civil, or Foundation Construction
- Experience preferred with strong focus on working with cranes.
- Highly motivated leader with a strong sense of personal accountability.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive awareness of Federal, State, and Local laws on safety and environment and their application to construction
- Experience with reading plans, specifications, and construction schedules.
- Experienced planner addressing safety, quality, and productivity.
- Pro-active problem solver who can brainstorm solutions and overcome obstacles.
- Experience in coordination of vendors and subcontractors.
- Competent computer skills
- Supervisory experience preferred
- This position requires fluent use of the verbal and written English language
- Employee must be able to wear the personal protective equipment (PPE) required of various construction work environments (hard hats, personal floatation devices, safety glasses, gloves, safety-toed shoes, etc.). The employee is required to stand, walk, use stairs, ladders, and step stools and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to navigate stairs, ladders and gangways; board, work on and disembark floating vessels and structures.
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or Construction Management
- Minimum five years progressive project experience in heavy civil environments
- Marine construction experience is preferred
- Current TWIC card or meets TWIC qualifications
CS Marine Constructors offers best-in-class benefits, including:
- Very competitive pay
- Health and dental care insurance programs
- Personal development opportunities
- Profit sharing
- Excellent growth opportunities