CS Marine Constructors, Inc., a medium-size marine construction company on Mare Island in Vallejo, California. We are seeking a Yard, Equipment & Facilities Manager to plan, organize, direct and review the daily operations of our yard, dock and berth at the main office.
Work items include:
Work items include:
- Working with job superintendents to provide jobsite expendables and rental needs.
- Working with maintenance personnel to record first echelon activities in database.
- Responsibility for physical plant and property.
- Supervision of yard personnel.
- Construction equipment such as cranes, forklifts, welding machines, air compressors, boat engines, piledriving hammers and pick-up trucks.
- Purpose and uses of a variety of construction tools such as torches, grinders, roto hammers, needle guns, drills, pumps, chainsaws and various power equipment.
- Accessories such as hoses, cords, fittings, gauges, adaptors and consumables such as bits, tips, chains and blades.
- Principles and practices of Preventative Maintenance Programs.
- Read and utilize maintenance manuals, vendor catalogs and computer user guides.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in English, both orally and in writing.
- Copy series of numbers precisely and perform simple mathematical calculations accurately.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with others in the course of work.
- Use and operations of PC and related software (outlook, Excel, Word).
- Intermittently sit at desk and in meetings; walk in yard and on barges; climb stairs to enter lower levels of barges, stand, bend, stoop, squat and twist, use telephone, use keyboards, perform simple grasping and fine manipulation and lift or carry weight of 50 pounds or less.
- Valid drivers’ license and clean driving record.
- Ability to obtain a TWIC card.
- Bi-annual background check with updates.
- Pass drug screen and participate in company drug testing program.